Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Israel has aged me!

Today was a historic moment in my life. I found my first two gray hairs. Now to some this might seem trivial...but it hit me hard. I didn't take it so well. Literally the first thought that came to my mind was that having a son in combat did this!

I had a difficult childhood. Some very traumatic events left me spending most of my life trying to forget things. Now that's all behind me and I find my self trying to remember things. I swear my memory has stayed in America. Between losing my memory and finding gray hair, the aches and pains in my body, I really don't feel 39 anymore!

We are on the countdown until our son finishes his mandatory 3 years of service. Today is day 50. Fifty days left til we intend to celebrate his freedom. As I was celebrating in my mind today, and thinking that maybe this will slow down the growth of gray hairs on my head, my son calls to give us the news he is considering signing on longer. I could see the hair turning gray before my eyes as he spoke! With my poker face and encouraging voice, I don't let on that inside I'm screaming 'NOOOOO!'
I tell him to pray about it and think it through....and don't sign anything until someone nuetral has read it. I get off the phone and pray. What can I do? God's will be done in his life despite what I want. What's a few more sleepless nights on my knees anyway? That's just part of motherhood. And so the struggle continues. Even though I feel like someone just rained on my parade...Israel is thirsty and dry....so bring on the rain.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm tough choice. If I were Tim I think I'd sign up again, but if I were his Ima ..... Well I'm not so I can't even have a say in that. Either way, Tim you have done very well. Kol Ha'Kavod. Wish there was some way I could do it. All in Yah's time. Keep pressing forward. Hope to see you again soon. Be blessed. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mrs Boer, i hear ya!!!! now i am not getting any gray hairs yet, but i know what your sayin' there.
    I pray that YHVH keeps his protective hand on Timmy and the family, and Arena if and when she goes in.

    I long to be there with you!!!!!!!!!!!
    love you bunches - Sarah

    ReplyDelete