Wednesday, September 15, 2010

When is it War?

I never paid attention to civics class in school. It bored me. Thought it was one of those subjects I'd never need later in life. Politics and government scared me so I learned enough temporary information to pass. Now I find myself regretting that and as many of us, wishing I'd paid more attention in class. So please forgive my ignorance if I appear to be...well....ignorant. But when do you call it war? Is there a quota of deaths before it is politically correct to call it war? Is there a measure of rockets or retaliation that qualifies fighting between nations before it is officially war?

I mean are we at war or aren't we? We have phosphorus scuds flying over, and into our cities, but so far this "not war yet" hasn't been given a name. As long as Hillary is being entertained in Jerusalem and the media fed its daily ration of fake food for thought, there isn't any titles to this madness. They continue their piece talks as though there were no real offense being taken on our soil. Is this the response they give to our desire for peace? More blood shed? The bodies of those slain just two weeks ago are barely cold and yet they sadly seem to be forgotten by many.

Just what is there to talk about? More land, no peace. More wounded and dead. We give more, they take more. Still no peace.

They still have Gilead Schallit...God bless his soul! Why didn't we keep fighting until he was back home? Why did we ever stop hitting back? They break UN resolutions, cease fires, and commit war crimes but that goes virtually unreported.

There seems to be only One mediator that can put a stop to these...wars and rumors of war. Until He comes, we wait, we pray, we hope.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Debi! What a great post. I pray for you all. What a crazy world we live in. I wish that Israel would not view the people of the US as they do our leaders. There are so many that support and pray for this nation, and our hearts bleed for you all. You are living the life we can not. Yet. PM sometime - would love to chat! Blessings on you! the aderholds

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss hearing from you!!!

    I haven't seen any posts or emails.

    And what is the proudphotography thing on the side of your blog?

    i love you!!

    Sarah Logan

    ReplyDelete